Recipes for Grain-Free Humans
Cauliflower Couscous Casablanca: Ingredients: 1 head of cauliflower, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 2 large yellow onions, 2 tablespoons of butter,
1 package of Andouille sausage (spicy lamb sausage), 1 pound of boneless chicken thighs, 1 large carrot, ½ buttercup squash, 3 plum tomatoes, 2 zucchini, 1 turnip, 1 bag of shredded cabbage, and 1 small can of chickpeas.
1 tsp Turmeric, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley, 1 teaspoon cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
Before you make the couscous cauliflower start the 7 vegetables stew:
1. Heat some coconut or virgin olive oil in a deep pot. Chop and add the onions and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic. Stir until brown.
2. Cut the turnip in cubes and slice the carrot and add to the pot. Throw in the cabbage. Stir everything and put the top on the pot and have everything simmer on a low setting for 5 minutes.
3. Cut the zucchini and plum tomatoes into cubes. Put that and the can of, chickpeas into the pot.
4. Cut the Andouille sausage and chicken into small pieces. Add them to the pot and stir everything. Add the spices: Turmeric, cumin, and fresh parsley. Let it all simmer until the turnips are soft (about 10 more minutes) and your brew is ready to be served.
While your waiting for the stew to simmer and just before it’s almost ready you can start making the cauliflower couscous:
1. Rinse and dry the cauliflower. Cut the florets into big pieces and the stem into thin disks. 2. Grind in the food processor until it’s almost like dust, looking like couscous. 3. Heat the oil and butter in a pan, preferable a wok. Chop and add the onion and garlic. Stir until brown. 4. Add the cauliflower. Fry on high heat for a few minutes. 5. Add salt and pepper. You can also add chopped ginger if you like. Serve the cauliflower couscous separate form the stew which goes over the couscous, bon appetite! Makes about 6 servings so you can freeze some for an easy meal in the future. Or have a healthy party!